Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
Set are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, some activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Make a Pressed Flower Bookmark, Project
2. A 'Cheesy' Recipe
3. Plant an Incredible Edible Garden, Project
4. San Carlos Mexican Eatery, Menu
5. Have Fun with Drippy Art, Project
6. Chess Camp, Advertisement
7. Yummy Chocolate Chip Pie, Recipe
8. Enjoy a Safe Hiking Trip, Informational
9. Attract Hummingbirds to Your Garden, Project/Informational
10. How to Care for Your Pet Ferret, Informational
11. The Scoop Ice Cream Shop, Advertisement
12. How to Make Craft Clay, Project
13. Stay Safe During a Tornado, Informational
14. Try This "Egg"-cellent Recipe
15. Traveling With Your Dog, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.