Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, some activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
This Set Includes:
1. Caring for Your New Puppy, Informational
2. Birthday Bonanza, Advertisement
3. Tony's Pizza-to-Go, Advertisement
4. Have Fun Withy Sponge Dough, Project
5. The Pumpkin Patch, Advertisement
6. Keep Your Cat Happy & Healthy, Informational
7. Buck's Diner, Menu
8. Bentley's Skateboard Park, Advertisement
9. Are You a Terrific Kid? Informational
10. Party Shop, Advertisement
11. National Wild Animal Preserve, Advertisement
12. Chocolate Walnut Cookies, Recipe
13. Attract Birds With These Feeders, Project
14. Doodle Art Letters, Project
15. Use Your Manners at the Table, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.