Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, and informational selections.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
This Set Includes:
1. Help Earth with Recycling, Project
2. Keep Your Teeth Healthy, Informational
3. Monster Truck Rally, Advertisement
4. Saturday Morning, TV Guide
5. A Tasty Snack with a Humorous Name, Recipe
6. Fins and Feathers Pet Shop, Advertisement
7. Make Your Own Gloppy Goop, Project
8. Barney and Baity's Circus, Advertisement
9. Sumner's Animal Hospital, Advertisement
10. Teach Your Dog to Do Tricks, Informational
11. Have Fun with Bubble Art, Project
12. Ice Cream Birthday Pie, Recipe
13. Using Good Manners at Home, Informational
14. Getting Ready for Your New Kitten, Informational
15. Have Fun with Water Bottles, Project
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.