Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 are now available on TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Make This Open-Face Grilled Cheesed Sandwich, Recipe
2. Have Fun Watching Birds, Informational
3. Fong's Chinese Restaurant, Advertisement
4. Raspberry-Almond Smoothie, Recipe
5. Renaissance Festival, Advertisement
6. Make This Cool, Colorful Treat, Recipe
7. How to Avoid a Dog Bite, Informational
8. Barkin' Bob & the Retrievers, Advertisement
9. How to Press & Dry Flowers, Project
10. Angelos Restaurant, Menu
11. Use Rays of Sun to Make Art, Project
12. Lost and Found, Classified Ad
13. O'Hara's Restaurant, Dessert Menu
14. Floss for Good Dental Health, Informational
15. Make a Tornado in a Bottle, Project
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.