Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Learn to Roller Blade Safely, Informational
2. Practice Cell Phone Etiquette, Informational
3. How to Avoid Painful Bee Stings, Informational
4. Zippy's Burgers, Menu
5. Make Your Own Ice Cream in a Can, Project
6. Hot & Spicy Jalapeno Dip, Recipe
7. Boost Your Positive Thinking, Informational
8. Eastminster Dog Show, Advertisement
9. Traveling with Your Cat, Informational
10. Laurel Mountain Summer Camp, Advertisement
11. Have Fun with Fireflies, Project/Informational
12. Build a Great Sandcastle, Project
13. Make a Pretty Seashell Frame, Project
14. Stay "Sharp" During Summer Break, Informational
15. Give Dogs Extra Care During Summer, Informational