Consumer Reading and Preparation of Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials
One-page, high-interest reading selections that include advertisements, recipes, menus, projects, informational selections and more. Selections focus on author's purpose, main idea, vocabulary, sequence, inference, and critical thinking.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
Each set includes Answer Key and FREE (Reproducible) READING BOOKMARK that contains literary components for students' reference.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as the set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
This Set Includes:
1. National Wild Animal Preserve, Advertisement
2. Scooter's Skateboard Park, Advertisement
3. Birthday Bonanza, Advertisement
4. Make These Treats for Your Dog, Recipe
5. Sam's Electronic Games, Advertisement
6. Gator Gap, Advertisement
7. How to Use the Internet Safely, Informational
8. How to Make Soft Craft Clay, Project
9. The Singing Meatball, Advertisement
10. Teach Your Dog to Do Tricks, Informational
11. El Cancun, Menu
12. Use Rays of Sun to Make Art, Project
13. Have Fun with Fireflies, Informational
14. Learn to Be a Good Friend, Informational
15. How to Choose the Right Pet, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.