Consumer Reading and Preparation of Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, one-page reading selections that focus on consumer reading. Activities include advertisements, recipes, menus, projects, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as the set number increases. Also, some of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
Each set includes Answer Keys and a FREE REPRODUCIBLE BOOKMARK containing literary components for students' reference.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
This set includes:
1. Have Fun Watching Birds, Informational
2. Are YOU a Terrific Kid? Informational
3. Carlson Cat Clinic, Advertisement
4. Birthday Party, Invitation
5. National Museum of Astronomy, Advertisement
6. Learn to Babysit Safely, Informational
7. Use Your Manners at the Table, Informational
8. Apples and Grapes with Maple Yogurt, Recipe
9. Help by Keeping Your Room Neat, Informational
10. How to Make Pressed Botanical Prints, Project
11. Metallic Music, Advertisement
12. Monster Truck Rally, Advertisement
13. Sound Waves, Advertisement
14. Scrumptious Chocolate Cake, Recipe
15. Learn to Roller Blade Safely, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.