Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Two Snacks with Humorous Names, Recipes
2. TV Guide
3. Bart's Burgers, Advertisement
4. Donovan's Dive Shop, Advertisement
5. Renaissance Festival, Advertisement
6. Gourmet Creamery Creations, Advertisement
7. Spice Up Your Popcorn, Recipes
8. Lost and Found, Classified Ad
9. Try This Nutritious Pasta, Recipe
10. Craig's Sports Shoes, Advertisement
11. Make Your Own Fig Cookies, Recipe
12. Enjoy a Safe Hiking Trip, Informational
13. Lee's Martial Arts Academy, Advertisement
14. Two 'Cheesy' Recipes
15. Learn to Ride Your Bicycle Safely, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.