Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as the set number increases. Also, some activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. The Adventures of Super Guy, Advertisement
2. The Great Maxmillian, Advertisement
3. Hot Fudge Sauce, Recipe
4. Party Time, Advertisement
5. Apple Oatmeal Cookies, Recipe
6. Show Your Good Sportsmanship, Informational
7. Make a Tornado in a Bottle, Project
8. Teach Your Cat to Come on Command, Informational
9. Spectacular Spuds, Recipe
10. Tennis Tournament, Advertisement
11. Starlight Skating Rink, Advertisement
12. Teach Your Dog to Fetch, Informational
13. Triple Good Cookie Bars, Recipe
14. Harvesting Sunflower Seeds, Recipe/Project
15. How to Care for Your Pet Ferret, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.