Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 are now available on TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Softball Tournament, Advertisement
2. Cool Off with Vanilla-Orange Popsicle, Recipe
3. Make Your Own "Gooey-Goop," Project
4. Shafer School of Dance, Advertisement
5. Have Fun with Drip Art, Project
6. Air Show, Advertisement
7. Cheerleading Camp, Advertisement
8. Grow a Nibble Garden for Your Cat, Project
9. Checklist for Giving Your Dog a Bath, Informational
10. Bike Challenge, Advertisement
11. The Treasure of Matatunka, Advertisement
12. Eastminster Dog Show, Advertisement
13. Using Good Manners at Home, Informational
14. Stay Safe During a Tornado, Informational
15. Tae Kwon Do Academy, Advertisement
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.