Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT!
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, some activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
This set includes:
1. How to Save Water at Home, Informational
2. Tao's Take-Out, Advertisement
3. Warm Up with Cherry-Chocolate Drink, Recipe
4. How to Avoid a Dog Bite, Informational
5. Michael's Musical Instruments, Advertisement
6. Gymnastics Jamboree, Advertisement
7. Getting Ready for a New kitten, Informational
8. Enjoy This Fried Eggplant, Recipe
9. How to Build a Safe Campfire, Informational
10. Flower Stamp Stationery, Project
11. Chess Camp, Advertisement
12. Make Your Own First-Aid Kit, Informational
13. Become a Backyard Astronomer, Informational
14. Hermit Crabs Make Great Pets, Informational
15. Prepare for a Great Backpacking Trip, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.