AUTUMN / FALL - Roll and Cover – Roll and Color (Colour) Games – Addition and Subtraction
The theme for these games is autumn: pumpkins, apples, and fall leaves.
Roll and Color / Cover games may be played with a partner or independently. They are helpful in reinforcing number, subitizing, addition, and subtraction skills.
This packet contains 12 different games that are differentiated to include the following skills and math operations. There are two different color and b/w game boards per category:
1. Roll 1 die: number recognition
2. Roll 2 dice: 2 addends
3. Roll 1 die and add 1: adding 1 more
4. Roll 1 die and subtract 1: less 1
5. Roll 2 dice and add 1: 3 addends
6. Roll 2 dice and subtract 1: 2 addends, less 1
Roll and Cover
– Easy prep! Print the colored pages on cardstock or mount them on construction paper. I like to laminate the sheets so they will last longer. Add 1-2 dice and two colors of game markers (such as counters, teddy bears, or cubes), and this activity is ready to go!
Roll and Color / Roll and Colour
-Black and white pages to copy for your students to color in the number and picture. ** Included is the American spelling of “color” as well as the UK / Canadian / Australian / New Zealand spelling, “colour.” Please be sure that you open the correct file for your needs!
Needed to play:
1. 1 – 2 number cubes/dice (the number depends on which game sheet you use)
2. Game markers such as counters, teddy bears, cubes to cover the numbers: 2 different colors if playing with 2 people;
3. Crayons if you are using the black/white coloring pages.
There are variations on how to play the game:
• The simplest variation is to roll a die and cover the number (or sum or difference, depending on which game sheet is being used) that is rolled.
• When two (or more) people are playing, the game may be played by taking turns rolling one or two dice (and adding or subtracting, depending on the game sheet version):
→ Player A rolls the dice and covers/colors the corresponding number on the game sheet.
→ Player B takes the next turn and colors/covers the corresponding number.
→ The game continues like this until all numbers have been colored/covered. Players may count up their colors/markers and see who covered/colored the most numbers.
→ If a person rolls a number that is already taken by the other player, s/he loses a turn and it is the next player’s turn.
If you like this item, you may also be interested in:
★ School Monkeys Roll and Cover – Color (Colour) Games–Add and Subtract
★ OWL Math - Addition - Subtraction - Roll-Cover - Graphing - Sequencing
★ Number Posters 0-10 and 11-20 ~ Fall Leaves and Halloween - Candy Corns
★ APPLE Ten Frame Number Posters, 0-10
★ APPLE Number Mats 1-10 ~ Fill the Ten Frame!
★ APPLE Number Puzzles, 1-10
★ PUMPKIN Math Number Cards for Memory, Matching, Adding, and Comparing
★ PUMPKIN Ten Frame Number Posters, 0-10
★ PUMPKIN Number Puzzles 1-10
★ PUMPKIN Number Mats 1-10 ~ Fill the Ten Frame!
★ SEA LIFE Math - Addition - Subtraction -Roll-Cover - Graphing - Sequencing
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Thanks for stopping by!
Please e-mail me with any questions about this item or suggestions for future resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider leaving a rating and comment
on this item to earn credit toward future TpT purchases
! I value your feedback! It gives me the information that I need to continue creating high-quality resources for your classroom!