Have students design a One-Pager to show their mastery over the 3 levels of Costa's Questions!
As a 7th and 8th grade AVID teacher, I needed a project that my returning AVID students could work on while I taught my new AVID students how to create Costa's Questions. Thus, the idea to create One-Pagers was born!
I loved seeing the creativity in the illustrations showing each level, and it still showed mastery because students have to write a definition for each level and 3 example questions for each level (9 questions total). In my 8th grade classes, I had my returning AVID students work on their one-pagers in the back of the room, and my new to AVID students work with me at the front of the room so I could teach them. Students could work on their own or with one partner, and had two days to complete their poster one-pagers. It worked perfectly and the students loved presenting their posters! This would be a great activity for AVID elementary students just learning Costa's Questions, or even with 8th grade to high school AVID.
This product gives you two versions of the student one-pager directions sheet, and 4-5 real student examples to get your students inspired!
**** Other AVID Products that You Might Love ****
AVID MEGA BUNDLE
• AVID Mega Bundle- Over 100 pages of AVID activities, games, and projects!
In this bundle, you will find activities for creating college pennants, a Costa's Scavenger Hunt, Public Speaking Games, Vision Board Goal Setting, GPA Tracking and more!
• College themed BINGO with words like Tuition, Scholarships, GPA, etc.
• CollegeWeek Vocabulary Books
• College Icebreaker Discussion Cards
• College Research Fact Sheet and Design a College Pennant Project
• One page College Research Sheet
• Costa’s Levels of Questioning-Posters and Task Cards *TPT Top Seller*
• Costa’s Levels of Questioning-Easter Egg Hunt
• Costa’s Levels of Questioning- One Pager Instructions
FUN FRIDAYS / TEAMBUILDING
•Creating Animal Avatars
• WICOR Poster Set
• Fun Fridays-Team Trivia
• AVID themed BINGO, words like TRF, 3 Ring Binder, Cornell Notes, etc.
• AVID Team-Building, Fun Friday Trivia Game-100 Cards
• AVID Icebreakers- Would You Rather Questions
• AVID Movie Bundle-- 5 Movie Guides that root for the underdog!
• Behavior Management- understanding the different personality types and how to promote student strengths
• Public Speaking Games to overcome Stage Fright!
• Vision Boards- Creative Goal-Setting for the New Year- *TPT Top Seller*
• Honor Roll Grades Tracker
• Teaching Study Skills to AVID Students
• Managing Stress and Anxiety Handout
• Binder Organization Template
• AVID Recruiting Cover Page-EDITABLE
• Community Service Tracker- Option 1
• Community Service Tracker- Option 2
• AVID SuperPower Recruiting Posters
• AVID Learning Logs-EDITABLE FILE
• Writing BioPoems to Introduce Yourself
• The Monsters are due on Maple Street- Complete 40 page Unit-GREAT Play for AVID
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!
Click Here to Follow My Store!