This product features 40 task cards with a different question written on it. Students will read the question and have to figure out which Costa's Level of Questioning (1,2, or 3) that the question belongs to.
3 Colorful posters explaining the difference between the three levels and examples are also included!
**CLICK THE PREVIEW FILE TO SEE EXAMPLES OF THE POSTERS AND TASK CARDS!!**
There are many ways to use these task cards:
1. Divide the set of 40 cards up and give each group a handful to sort on the ground by level 1, 2, and 3. This is a great introductory lesson to Costa's.
2. Once students are more familiar, let them work in groups of 2 or 3 and have them work through cards 1-20 (one group) and 21-40 (second group). They can write their answer on their recording sheet and turn it in to you or check it with the answer key.
3. Use the task cards and call 3 students up to the front of the room. Give each student a card and have them SILENTLY place themselves in the order of the levels-1,2,3 and stand in place. As a class, decide if they are right.
4. Use these cards as a center or review station right before a test. Students can work through 10, 20, or all 40!
5. Place one task card on the overhead and use it as a class bell ringer. Have students silently write down the level in a notebook as you take attendance. Then, ask the class to discuss which level.
These task cards feature questions from ALL different subjects.
To increase the rigor: Have students "upgrade" any Costa's Questions Level Ones to Level Twos or Threes!
This product contains:
- 40 Task Cards featuring different subject questions
- 3 Colorful posters explaining the difference between each of the 3 levels
- An answer sheet for 1-40 to write the levels
- An answer sheet for 1-20 for quicker practice (and with space to upgrade level ones)
-An answer sheet for 21-40 for quicker practice (and with space to upgrade level ones)
As an AVID teacher, I created this product to help make Costa's Levels of Questioning fun! I also wanted a quick and easy way to constantly review the different levels, and give students real examples of questions they might find on their homework or tests!
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!