Would You Rather... questions are a GREAT way to make introductions during the first few weeks of school!
Students come in to the classroom quiet, shy, and nervous.
Simply throw a WYR Question on the projector, and watch as groups of 3-4 students immediately have an opinion and begin talking!
Some are funny and some are designed to be a little more deep and carry on a longer conversation. This presentation has 12 WYR questions to display in your classroom as introductions or icebreakers.
Put one question on the overhead every day and use as bell ringers or warm-ups, or use 3-4 questions as a team-building activity.
I plan to use this with my AVID classes the first week of school to help them quickly learn each other's names and start conversations in the classroom. I will show 1 question on the first day since our classes are shorter, and then show 2-3 every day after that. I am going to have my students in groups of 4 sitting, and then each person must say their name and then their opinion. When they're done, they will stand up. When ALL are standing, I know I can move on with my lesson!
**** Additional AVID Products that You Might Love ****
• AVID MEGA BUNDLE!! Costa’s Cards, Learning Logs, Public Speaking Games, College Pennant Project, GPA Sheets, Community Service Trackers and more!
• Vision Boards- Creative Goal-Setting for the New Year- *TPT Top Seller*
• Costa’s Levels of Questioning-Posters and Task Cards *TPT Top Seller*
• Public Speaking Games to overcome Stage Fright!
• College themed BINGO with words like Tuition, Scholarships, GPA, etc.
• CollegeWeek Vocabulary Books
• College Icebreaker Discussion Cards
• College Research Fact Sheet and Design a College Pennant Project
• One page College Research Sheet
• Honor Roll Grades Tracker
• Teaching Study Skills to AVID Students
• Managing Stress and Anxiety Handout
• Binder Organization Template
• AVID Recruiting Cover Page-EDITABLE
• Fun Fridays-Team Trivia
• AVID themed BINGO, words like TRF, 3 Ring Binder, Cornell Notes, etc.
• AVID Team-Building, Fun Friday Trivia Game-100 Cards
• AVID Icebreakers- Would You Rather Questions
• Community Service Tracker- Option 1
• Community Service Tracker- Option 2
• AVID SuperPower Recruiting Posters
• AVID Learning Logs-EDITABLE FILE
• Writing BioPoems
• The Monsters are due on Maple Street- Complete 40 page Unit and Supplemental Activities-GREAT Play for AVID
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!
Click Here to Follow My Store!