This is a modified version of Cornell Notes. It has three main sections.
The first section is the questions and main ideas. This is a cue column that helps students identify the main ideas in their notes as well as highlights any questions they may have about the lecture or readings.
The second section is the notetaking column
1. Record: During the lecture, use the notetaking column to record the lecture using telegraphic sentences.
2. Questions: As soon after class as possible, formulate questions based on the notes in the right-hand column. Writing questions helps to clarify meanings, reveal relationships, establish continuity, and strengthen memory. Also, the writing of questions sets up a perfect stage for exam-studying later.
3. Recite: Cover the notetaking column with a sheet of paper. Then, looking at the questions or cue-words in the question and cue column only, say aloud, in your own words, the answers to the questions, facts, or ideas indicated by the cue-words.
4. Reflect: Reflect on the material by asking yourself questions, for example: "What's the significance of these facts? What principle are they based on? How can I apply them? How do they fit in with what I already know? What's beyond them?
5. Review: Spend at least ten minutes every week reviewing all your previous notes. If you do, you'll retain a great deal for current use, as well as, for the exam.
The third section is the summary -After class, use this space at the bottom of each page to summarize the notes on that page.
Don’t forget to get TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I enjoy reading your feedback and value your thoughts and suggestions! If you have a question, concern or find a discrepancy in my products, please feel free to contact me, my goal is to please all of my customers.
Click on the green star next to our store logo to receive upcoming sales, freebie, product launches, and email updates!