*EDITABLE FILE* Looking at several of my AVID students' grades online, I noticed this trend: daily work grades were good, but they were all failing their tests. This told me that STUDENTS DON'T KNOW HOW TO STUDY!!!
My personal learning goal this year is to focus on teaching students different methods of studying. When I asked my students how they studied, they said they stared at the paper and re-read it over and over, or they covered it with their hand and tried to quiz themselves.
Shockingly, this method did not produce great results.
This product features an easy to teach, easy to use graphic organizer with different study skills on it. My plan is to try and teach one per year and have students pick their favorite method in December for midterms, and in May for Finals.
There is a built in reflection piece where students rank how easy each strategy was, and how likely they are to use it in the future.
Students need to learn that studying is a skill that needs to be practiced!!
**** Additional AVID Products that You Might Love ****
• AVID MEGA BUNDLE!! Costa’s Cards, Learning Logs, Public Speaking Games, College Pennant Project, GPA Sheets, Community Service Trackers and more!
• Vision Boards- Creative Goal-Setting for the New Year- *TPT Top Seller*
• Costa’s Levels of Questioning-Posters and Task Cards *TPT Top Seller*
• Public Speaking Games to overcome Stage Fright!
• College themed BINGO with words like Tuition, Scholarships, GPA, etc.
• CollegeWeek Vocabulary Books
• College Icebreaker Discussion Cards
• College Research Fact Sheet and Design a College Pennant Project
• One page College Research Sheet
• Honor Roll Grades Tracker
• Teaching Study Skills to AVID Students
• Managing Stress and Anxiety Handout
• Binder Organization Template
• AVID Recruiting Cover Page-EDITABLE
• Fun Fridays-Team Trivia
• AVID themed BINGO, words like TRF, 3 Ring Binder, Cornell Notes, etc.
• AVID Team-Building, Fun Friday Trivia Game-100 Cards
• AVID Icebreakers- Would You Rather Questions
• Community Service Tracker- Option 1
• Community Service Tracker- Option 2
• AVID SuperPower Recruiting Posters
• AVID Learning Logs-EDITABLE FILE
• Writing BioPoems
• The Monsters are due on Maple Street- Complete 40 page Unit and Supplemental Activities-GREAT Play for AVID
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!
Click Here to Follow My Store!