52 pages of higher order thinking reading comprehension resources for the picture book "The Brothers Quibble" by Aaron Blabey.
The reading comprehension activities include: making connections, character traits, word work, the 4H reading strategy, a fun rhyming words game featuring Spalding and Bunny, idioms and so much more!
- Making connections – text-to-text; text-to-self; text-to-world
- Expanding on text-to-text connections
- Character traits – with evidence from the text; the STEAL strategy; Y chart
- Word study – definitions; thinking maps; idioms
- Text structure – summarising; beginning, middle, end and message
- Rhyming words game featuring Spalding and Bunny
- 4H reading strategy – posters, bookmarks, student-generated questioning
- Bookmarks to promote reading
- Making a crown for a reading buddy
This resource is for personal/classroom use only and is not to be distributed further. Multiple licenses are now available at TpT for half price. No sharing of this product is permitted through internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers,discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal websites.