34 pages of higher order thinking reading comprehension resources for the picture book "Thelma the Unicorn" by Aaron Blabey.
The reading comprehension activities include: making connections, character traits, word work, the 4H reading strategy, a fun rhyming words game featuring Thelma and Otis, idioms and so much more!
- Making connections – text-to-text; text-to-self; text-to-world
- Text-to-self connections - Uniquely Me!
- Character traits – with text evidences and the STEAL strategy
- Y chart: fame
- Word study – definitions; thinking maps; idioms
- Text structure – summarising; beginning, middle, end and message
- Rhyming words game featuring Thelma and Otis
- 4H reading strategy – posters, bookmarks, student-generated questioning
- Bookmarks to promote reading
You may also be interested in another resource by Aaron Blabey, "The Brothers Quibble" https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Brothers-Quibble-Higher-order-reading-comprehension-resources-1858811
Or these other resources for companion texts that work well with the themes in "Thelma the Unicorn".
"Sugarlump and the Unicorn" by Julia Donaldson - Reading comprehension resources
"Fame Mouse" by Joshua George - rhyming games, writing activities and bookmarks
This resource is for personal/classroom use only and is not to be distributed further. Multiple licenses are now available at TpT for half price. No sharing of this product is permitted through internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district or regional websites/servers, discussion lists, school websites/servers, or personal websites.