Abierto Curriculum for Spanish 1 (Pro Resource)
- Word Document File
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read through this resource! To network with other teachers who use my activities/curriculum, join my FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CyberProfe. You can also visit my website www.CyberProfeResources.com to:
- Send me an email
- Sign up for my mailing list
- Check out my *awesome* blog
- Purchase the combined level 1 and 2 curriculum for a discount
This curriculum was created to blend CI and TPRS with Traditional Techniques and to help create balance in a multi-teacher department. This curriculum combines multiple learning techniques to reach all your students and includes days that will keep your kids engaged in learning the language but give you some downtime to meet one-on-one with anyone who needs it.
This TPT purchase will give you lifetime access to everything you need to teach novice Spanish learners and includes songs, games, powerpoints, slideshows, stories, audio files, and printables. You will also get free lifetime additions and updates.
- 20 complete units that include stories, audio, questions, games, and powerpoints
- 4 quarterly tests included
- 3 individual week-long Cultural Units on Day of the Dead, Christmas, and New Year's
- Google Drive, Canvas, and Paper Assessments
- 36 weeks of Song of the Week (for level 1)
- 36 weeks of Bellringers (for levels 1 & 2)
- Lesson plans for the reader Berto y sus buenas ideas
- Suggested other readers (no resources provided): Edi el elefante and Capibara con Botas
- An Admin folder that contains an editable Curriculum Map and Pacing Guide
- Resources to be used throughout the year
- Start of School activities folder
Are you interested but would like to see a sample of my work?
- Pacing Guide for Spanish 1
- Curriculum Map for Spanish 1
- Unit 6: La Escuela (TPT Resource)
- First 2 weeks of school bellringers (TPT Resource)
- First 2 weeks of school Song of the Week (TPT Resource)
- Pro Version on TPT - Everything I use!
- Essentials Version on TPT - The same lesson plans as Pro but minus the Cultural Units and Bellringers
- Spanish 1 & 2 (combined) on the Cyber Profe Resources Platform. Need help choosing? Click here to view the PDF!
- Yearly Subscription. This will save you 20% on the overall price when purchased on the Cyber Profe Resources platform.
- Monthly Subscription. This will save you 12% on the overall price when purchased on the Cyber Profe Resources platform.
Please note that when you purchase this resource, your will receive a link to download the files. If you have difficulty accessing the resource, watch this quick Tutorial I made (instructions start at :50) https://youtu.be/-qbESWfwR2U
AS the creator, I use these plans in my classroom and this is what my AP had to say during my end of year review: Mrs. Chronister continues to build relevant and creative curriculum to incorporate in her classroom and guide student learning. She has a knack and love for creating content that is informational, yet fun for students to uncover and build the necessary language skills in the process. In the classroom, Mrs. Chronister is well-prepared and hits on many learning styles and teaching styles to meet everyone's specific need. The incorporation of culture and music is also a neat element that intertwines exactly with the content she is teaching that day. It also allows for a student-centered learning environment. Mrs. Chronister is a constant researcher and learner when it comes to Spanish education. We appreciate her efforts to continue to learn, adapt, and gain new experiences for her students.