Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.27 MB | 19 pages
Serial Killer Mass Killer Spree Killer
This is a group activity where students will analyze the similarities and differences between serial, mass and spree killers. Students will first be introduced to the various motivations behind killing and then specifically look at one of the classifications of killer: serial, mass, or spree in a jigsaw. They will share the information with their groups to gather the facts about the other classifications of killers and then create a whole class venn diagram comparing and contrasting the three classifications. Following that activity the students can analyze different individuals in history and place them on the venn diagram.
Please note that this activity may be disturbing or uncomfortable for some students and may not be appropriate for all classroom environments.
For AP Psychology- this is a good activity to do after the AP exam.
For regular psychology, it is best to be used during the social psychology unit or after discussing APD in the abnormal psychology unit.
• Teacher Instructions
• Background lecture Power Point
• Graphic organizer
• Graphic organizer answer key
• Links to online resources
• *All documents and the Power Point are editable
• Printouts of the blank graphic organizer
• Internet access OR Printouts of the articles about the different killer classifications.
• Printouts of the specific biographies of the different killers. Use a large picture of the individual as a cover sheet.