Also included in
- Need some fun get to know you activities for the first week of school? This bundle is just what you're looking for! The "All About You" student survey is a great way to get information from your students. You'll be surprised what they reveal to you if you just ask! My "Building Squares" activity$4.99$9.96Save $4.97
Are you looking for something to do on the first day or first week of school?
This questionnaire is great for back to school and for getting to know your students.
There are five different versions of the survey to fit your subject!
- General (Non-Subject Specific)
- Social Studies
The questions are the same on each version, but the wording is slightly changed to fit a specific subject.
Use the general version if your class covers more than one subject!
Yes, you might not have enough time to read through all of the responses, but they are nice to keep on hand. You will be surprised what students are willing to reveal to you when you just ask.
Use on the first day or first week of school. You may or may not decide to read these, but it is a great way to get information from your students.
I suggest handing it out to students as they walk in the room or having it on their desks. Then, they can get started on the questionnaire right away. Of course, make sure you have an activity for them to get started on once they finish.
What questions are included?
ALL ABOUT YOU!
• Your Full Name
• What name would you like to be called during class?
Note: If you don’t know the answer, or don’t feel comfortable answering, you can keep some questions blank.
ABOUT YOUR Family!
• Name(s) of parent(s) or guardian(s):
• Parent/Guardian’s Phone Number?
• Parent/Guardian’s E-mail?
• Do you have any brothers and/or sisters? How many?
• What are your brothers/sisters name(s)?
• Did any of your brothers/sisters attend this school?
• Do you have any pets? What kind? What are their names?
BACK TO YOU!
• What do you like to do after school?
• What is your favorite food?
• What is your favorite candy?
• Who is your favorite singer/band?
• What is your favorite TV show?
• Who is your favorite actor/actress?
• What is your favorite movie?
• What is your favorite sport?
• What is your favorite sports team?
• What hobbies you do enjoy?
• What is your dream job?
• Do you play any after school sports? Which ones?
• Do you participate in any after school activities or clubs?
• What is your favorite subject? Why?
• What is your favorite math topic? Why?
• What math topics do you struggle with the most?
• What are you looking forward to learning in math this year? Why?
• Describe how you learn best.
• How do you plan to let me know if you need help with a topic?
• How much homework do you expect per night?
• How many pages of notes do you expect to take each day?
• What goal would you like to accomplish this school year?
• What time do you wake up for school in the morning?
• What time do you go to bed?
• Do you already know any other students in this class?
Finish the sentence
• I love teachers that…
• I dislike teachers that…
• Is there anything else that you want me to know?