Use this informative Reader's Theater Script to learn about Abraham Lincoln. The fun/informative play uses the format of Abraham Lincoln being a guest on a talk show and the studio audience asks questions about his life. Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee's Talk Show Series.
You may also like the following:
1. Webquest on Abraham Lincoln:
Learn about Abe Lincoln with this informative web quest! President Lincoln started our national Thanksgiving holiday. Did you know that Abraham Lincoln didn't like the name Abe and even his wife called him, Lincoln?Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. Extension activities for Language Arts included, too! Abraham Lincoln, A Webquest
2. White House web quest:Learn about the White House with 10 informative web questions, comprehension and discussion questions and several extension activities. Learn about the White House, A Webquest
3. Presidential Webquest: Did You know that President John Quincy Adams had an alligator? Martin Van Buren had two tiger cubs and President McKinley's pet parrot could whistle, "Yankee Doodle". Did you know that President Franklin D. Roosevelt served HOT DOGS to the King of England? Did you know that President Garfield could write with both his right and left hand at the SAME time? Presidential Webquest/Extension Activities: Presidents: A Webquest
4. Reader's Theater Script on Mary Todd Lincoln: Need a quick Friday(or day before a vacation)activity?Teaching American History?Want to to practice oral reading fluency in Language Arts and need a biographical play?Try this fun/information Mary Todd Lincoln play based on the To Tell the Truth Game Show.Grades 4 and up. Comprehension questions,discussion questions,activities as well as links for more information are also included: Mary Todd Lincoln, A Reader's Theater Script
5. Civil War Webquest: On April 12th, 1861 the Civil War began.The long and bloody war that ended in 1865, took the lives of over 600,000 soldiers leaving more than 1,100,000 soldiers injured. Learn about the Civil War with this webquest. Each of the 11 questions have lots of information.I've also included a number of extension activities and resource links. Civil War, A Webquest