As a little girl Abraham Lincoln was someone who I admired. Even then I had an understanding of how difficult his choices were and how strong he was to hold our country together Being from the Land of Lincoln, Abraham was someone we all learned about each year.
I have created this packet to include three story passages that you can use for students in first, second or third grade, or as a SPED teacher or if you differentiate your lessons, three choices for your students.
Also include are
- clickable links of suggested reading materials
- Photograph of Abe Lincoln to share with students
- 2 formats for note-taking
- Abe Lincoln’s silhouette
- Abe Lincoln’s hat
- Both lined and unlined
- 3 differentiated comprehension packets
- Questions included
- 2 Timeline Activities
- One format for students to color in and arrange predetermined dates in chronological order
- Second format for students to select their own dates, write, illustrate, and arrange in chronological order
- Short passage with questions.
This packet has several activities to help students learn about our 16th president. I have also included the books I have used with my units over the years, with clickable links to Amazon if you are interested in purchasing.
I hope your students enjoy learning about Abraham. Please remember to leave feedback and let us know what you think.