Abraham Lincoln | Famous Americans | President's Day | Research Project | Reading for Information | Taking Notes
Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. However, his birthday-- sometimes referred to as President's Day-- is traditionally celebrated on a Monday to allow citizens to have a three-day weekend.
Who was Abraham Lincoln? What were some of his accomplishments as President? Did he really store papers in his top hat?
Help your students discover the answers to these questions and more by using this online research project to introduce several skill sets to the students.
These skills include:
~reading for information
~main / idea details
~using one or more sources for information
There are 24 pages in all. Both lined and unlined versions are included.
The students will use the website of your choice to answer the following questions:
1. Who was Abraham Lincoln?
2. When was Abraham Lincoln born?
3. Where was Abraham Lincoln born?
4. What is the Lincoln Memorial?
5. Who is on the American penny and five dollar bill?
6. Did Abraham Lincoln go to school? How did he learn?
7. What did Abraham Lincoln enjoy doing when he was still a child?
8. What were some of Abraham Lincoln's accomplishments as President?
9. When did Abraham Lincoln become President?
10. What other jobs did Abraham Lincoln have before he became President?
11. What is slavery? How did Abraham Lincoln feel about slavery?
12. When was the Civil War? Who fought in the Civil War?
13. Why did Abraham Lincoln put a stop to the Civil War?
14. What is the Gettysburg Address?
15. What is the Emancipation Proclamation?
16. When and where did Abraham Lincoln die?
17. How did Abraham Lincoln die? Who killed him?
18. What are some other monuments and memorials dedicated to Abraham Lincoln?
19. What are some other interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln?
Please download the preview to see the first nine pages of this file. Many thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Copyright © 2015 Kelly Wilson, Kelly’s Classroom. All rights reserved. Due to the nature of digital files, no returns or refunds are available.