Students will use a Word-Cloud for each of the speeches below to predict what each speech will be about. Then students will analyze excerpts from each speech and compare to it's relationship with the Constitution of the United States.
- House Divided (June 16th, 1858)
- First Inaugural Address (March 4th, 1861)
- Emancipation Proclamation (January 1st, 1863)
- Gettysburg Address (November 19th, 1863)
My students enjoy seeing the progression and change in Lincoln's words as the war starts and ends.
- Display each Word Cloud on the board for students to create a prediction. A Word Cloud takes the entire speech and gives prominence to the worlds that are most frequently used.
- Complete Sourcing Information
- Translate each excerpt in the students own words directly below each line.
- Corroborate the excerpt with the Constitution of the United States.