1. Print and glue “Absent Friend Folder” Cover sheets onto file folders. Laminate if you would like them to be more durable.
2. Print several “While you were out…” forms to keep readily available.
3. When you have an absent student, simply give a helpful student the form and the folder and just let them fill it out for their classmate. Place the completed form on top inside the folder. Any corrected papers that are being passed back that day go inside the folder. Any new assignments or handouts go inside the folder.
4. When the absent student returns to school, they can find their folder in a designated spot in the room and ask the person who completed the form for notes or questions. The absent student takes the papers out and returns the folder when their late assignment is complete.
5. This is a great way to stay organized and relieve stress on teachers. Enjoy! :)
Both Color and Black/White pages included!