This geography unit was created to cover the concepts of absolute and relative location. The fun zoo themed activities will help engage your students in the standard being covered.
This lesson is a part of my geography bundle.
To download the bundle, click here!
1. Word Wall Posters
- Absolute and Relative Location posters that include definition and visual
3. Welcome to the Zoo! Relative Location Activity and Teacher
Call Out Sheet
4. What's the Relative Location Worksheet
5. I Spy Relative Location Game
6. Relative Location in our Classroom Activity
7. How to Write your Address (An Absolute Location Activity)
8. My House/School's Absolute Location Activity
9. Letter Home Activity (An Absolute Location Writing Activity)
10. Relative or Absolute Location Cut and Paste Assessment Activity
The following standards are addressed in this unit:
Social Studies (C3 standard)
1 – G1.0.2 Describe places using absolute location (e.g., home address) or relative location (e.g., left, right, front, back, next to, near).
18 pages total: 14 student activity pages, 4 teacher instruction/credit pages