Get students creative juices flowing, as well as stimulate understanding of different forms of communication! Students will ask themselves the following essential questions during these lessons:
1. What is a communicator?
2. What does a communicator do?
3. How can I communicate?
4. What is abstract art?
5. What characteristics do dots/lines/shapes have?
This document includes three (3) lesson plans that address the following standards via abstract art, centers, class-generated posters, and self- and peer-reflection:
- Experiment with art materials
- Form an initial understanding of what a communicator is and does
- Identify and create abstract art
- Identify characteristics of dots, lines, and shapes
- Create dots, lines, and shapes