This Doodle and Do vocabulary resource will introduce your students to 24 words associated with test-taking. With this resource, students will learn essential words to help them develop critical reading and writing skills. The high-frequency academic vocabulary words are often used in standardized test questions. That’s why each vocabulary word includes a student-friendly definition and a sample test question. Not only will students learn the new vocabulary words, they’ll also showcase their learning with doodles!
Students will be able to practice their learning with 4 different nonfiction reading passages. Three different levels of each passage are included for easy differentiation! Each passage includes questions with the academic vocabulary words that students studied.
You can use this resource in a variety of ways! You might:
- Create a single packet filled with the doodle vocabulary pages that students can reference all year long.
- Select specific pages that relate to particular texts that students are studying and highlight words.
- Teach all the words at once as in introduction to test-taking.
- Have students add definitions to their doodle vocabulary all year long.
Bonus! There are two doodle template pages to add even more words. Use these pages to introduce students to any words that are not included in this resource.
Everything that you’ll need to use this set of Doodle Vocabulary is included in this resource! You’ll find:
- Teacher Overview
- Detailed lesson plans for each page of doodle notes
- A Doodle Vocabulary cover page (This is great if students will be creating a vocabulary packet.)
- Doodle Vocabulary Pages (2 versions – 16 pages total)
- 4 Nonfiction Reading Passages at 3 different levels (12 pages total)
- Vocabulary Test
- Teacher Keys (doodle vocabulary pages, reading passages, and test)
- Bonus – 2 Blank Doodle Template Pages (Use these pages to add more words and definitions to their collection of academic vocabulary words.)
DOODLE VOCABULARY PAGES: There are of the Academic Vocabulary Doodle Pages included. This way, you can find the set that works best for your class or for individual students.
- – In this version, students will complete the words’ definitions by filling in some notes on the lines provided.
- – In this version, students will need to write out the entire definition for each word.
DIFFERENTIATED READING PASSAGES: There are 4 different reading passages in this resource.
- Each passage aligns with a set of 2 doodle vocabulary pages.
- The passages include the academic vocabulary words in the multiple-choice questions.
- 3 different versions of each passage are included for easy differentiation.
- A traditional vocabulary test is included in this resource.
- The test includes all 24 words.
- If you’d like, you can use this as a final assessment.
BLANK TEMPLATE PAGES:
- Two doodle page templates are included in this resource in case you’d like to introduce students to additional words.
- You can easily type or hand write sample test questions and doodle tasks for students to complete with any words you add.
More Doodle Vocabulary Resources
- Elements of Fiction Doodle Vocabulary
- Elements of Nonfiction Doodle Vocabulary
- Daily Doodle Vocabulary – 180 words
You might also like…
- Test Prep Bundle - Multiple Choice, Short Answer, and Motivation
- Reading Passages and Text-Based Evidence
- Listening Comprehension
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction