Also included in
- Back To School BundleAre you ready to start the new school year with ten fun and fresh Back to School resources? Then this 479-pageBack to School bundle is for you! My 10 favorite resources for Back to School are in this bundle and are essential tools to start your year off right! Save 30% by buying$20.01$28.45Save $8.44
- ESL ELD EFL Complete Bundle for Intermediate English Language LearnersThis engaging intermediate ESL K-5 English language level bundle is packed with essential EFL, ESL and ELD activities for your English Language Learners (ELLs). The 26 resources in this K-5 bundle will take you through the scho$63.14$90.20Save $27.06
- Attention ESL Teachers...Here it is! All in one bundle of year-long ESL Curriculum that provides ELD resources for all English Language Learner (ELL) levels. The activities in this month-by-month ELD bundle provide your English Language Learners the opportunity to acquire and practice English to$160.00$227.50Save $67.50
Academic Vocabulary - Informal - Formal Vocabulary - Phrasal Verbs
You say put off,
We say postpone,
You say call up,
We say phone.
Meet Common Core standards and raise the academic vocabulary level of your students with this 102-page unit on Informal and Formal Academic Vocabulary - Phrasal Verbs and the corresponding Academic Vocabulary.
This academic vocabulary grammar unit covers 32 different phrasal verbs and the academic vocabulary that corresponds with each one. Phrasal verbs are verbs that contain more than one word and there are hundreds of English phrasal verbs such as: think over (consider), set up (establish), and put up with (tolerate).
This comprehensive academic vocabulary unit contains color and black & white word wall cards, game cards, activities, a song and games based on phrasal verbs and their academic language equivalents.
Reproducible academic language black lines included in this package:
- 32 Phrasal Verb word wall cards
- 32 Academic Vocabulary word wall cards
- Game cards and board
- Song lyrics
- Lesson plans and activities
Academic vocabulary word cards are reproducible in color or print in black and white.
Since Phrasal Verbs are very common in oral English, their understanding is essential for communication and reading comprehension. However, when writing formally there are two reasons we strive to use the academic or formal equivalents of Phrasal Verbs. First, Phrasal Verbs are highly idiomatic. Formal writing uses Standard English and avoids figurative language and slang. Secondly, when writing formally in English precise vocabulary is expected. Since Phrasal Verbs often have multiple meanings they can be difficult to understand and impede the meaning. Teaching your students the Academic vocabulary for Phrasal Verbs will enlarge their vocabulary and improve their formal English writing!
Check out some of our best sellers
Thank you for your purchase!
Please follow me!:
•Click the green star beside my name at the top of this page OR at the top of my store page.
**Thank you so much for your purchase! If you enjoy my products, please leave feedback:
Why is feedback so important?
When you provide feedback, you’ll earn TPT credits that can be used future purchases!
Getting TPT credits to use on future purchases is easy:
•Go to your My Purchases page
•Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button
•Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can leave a quick rating and a short comment about the product.
Thanks a bunch!