Vocabulary targeted in this workbook is from the Building Academic Vocabulary book by Robert Marzano. The stimuli are ten vocabulary words for grades K-2 in the areas of health and geography. The words targeted are: mountain, lake, forest, creek, sport, jog, twist, cough, race, and rest. This workbook includes:
- A pre- and post-test data sheet
- Word Fact Sheet for each word, which explains the definition, provides a picture, shows the part of speech and related words, and hyperlinks to other helpful images and videos to explain the concept or translate the word.
- Activities to help increase understanding include sorting, reasoning, and answering questions.
- Task cards, intended to allow students to demonstrate comprehension and mastery of the new vocabulary words.
- An interactive notebook template is also included, if students have an interactive vocabulary notebook to use
Targets Common Core State Standard CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.K.5.C Identify real-life connections between words and their use.