Also included in
- Narrative Writing/Short Story Unit: This common core aligned bundle is perfect for back to school and it includes everything you need to teach narrative writing, narrative strategies, and short stories to your middle and high school students. This unit focuses on writing better narratives by underst$21.99$28.74Save $6.75
- This academic vocabulary unit is designed to help prepare secondary ELA students succeed in your English class, in school, and on standardized tests. This academic vocabulary unit is aligned to the common core standards and includes all of my academic vocabulary units!. This bundle includes: Academi$47.25$94.50Save $47.25
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This Academic Vocabulary Volume #2: Words about Fiction and Narrative Writing contains the DIGITAL and PRINT versions of the resource.Help your students learn important content with this Academic Vocabulary Teaching Unit! This Informational Text and Argument Writing Vocabulary Unit is designed to he$6.00$10.50Save $4.50
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Help your students learn important content with this Academic Vocabulary Teaching Unit! This Fiction and Narrative Writing Vocabulary Unit is designed to help your secondary ELA students succeed in class and on standardized tests.
This academic vocabulary includes 5 weeks of instruction and includes 25 academic vocabulary words relating to fiction and narrative writing. Each week, students are introduced to five words at a time. Students receive a weekly academic vocabulary recording sheet where they focus on the five words in a new way each week. This resource works great as a vocabulary bell ringer or vocabulary exit ticket.
This Academic Vocabulary Resource Includes Two Files:
- A 52-slide, editable PowerPoint presentation that explains the vocabulary routine and contains the words and definitions.
- A secured PDF document with quizzes, activities, and weekly vocabulary recording pages.
Weekly Academic Vocabulary Routine
- Monday: Students take a pretest (via the PPT), record the words and definitions, and assess their own knowledge.
- Tuesday: Students draw a visual representation for each of the five vocabulary words,
- Wednesday: Students make vocabulary associations and create a word web for the words.
- Thursday: Students write a reflection summary about what they learned about the words.
- Friday: Students take a weekly quiz that matches up the vocabulary word with the definition.
Culminating Academic Vocabulary Activities
After completing the 5-week vocabulary routine, students take a 25-question final test where they match all of the words to their correct definitions. There are several vocabulary activities to help students prepare for the final test.
25-word Crossword Puzzle
25-word Vocabulary table-match
Academic Vocabulary BINGO review game
Download the free preview to see all 25 words!
Updated on 9/7/2020 to include a new format!