Acceleration – A Digital Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a Motion unit. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown of how I teach this unit in my own classroom. Buyer Comment: "I used this to supplement my Unit Test. It was a great resource, and my studPrice $32.97Original Price $65.17Save $32.20
- Acceleration - A 5E Lesson Bundle for middle and high school students. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or almPrice $16.97Original Price $32.91Save $15.94
- This Physics I Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics 1 (grade 11 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-day walkthrough that I use to teach my claPrice $218.00Original Price $433.31Save $215.31
- This Physics 1 and 2 Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics to my high school students (grade 11 and 12 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-dayPrice $387.00Original Price $767.05Save $380.05
Acceleration - A digital, device-based resource that will get your kids out of their seats, engaged, utilizing technology, and collaborating to solve real problems and test their knowledge. This activity works well across grades as a means of assessment, review, and/or instruction. This hunt was designed for middle/high school physics students.
This activity is the coolest thing I've created and your kids are going to love it; mine do. Think of a scavenger hunt, then add devices (Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, or Tablets), engaged students, and learning through assessment and you have this resource.
Quick Disclaimer. In order to use this activity, your classroom must have at least 1 device per 3 students. Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Tablets will all work perfectly. The wording and delivery make this resource perfect for a wide range of grade levels. If for some reason you feel this hunt isn't perfect for your classroom, I'm happy to refund your purchase no questions asked.
The Content Includes:
• Force, mass, and acceleration
I've created a video that walks you through the entire activity. I did it using screen capture software on my phone so you can see exactly what your students will see. CLICK HERE to have a look.
Download the Sample to see firsthand exactly how the Hunts work and why your kids will love them. Included in the sample is the full version of
- Our Solar System
- Static Electricity
**I find providing full scavenger hunt examples is a more effective way to show what the resource offers compared to only displaying a partial version of your topic.**
Scavenger Hunt User Comments:
- "Just what I was looking for! Perfect!! Great way to get the students up and keep them engaged!"
- "My kids loved it!"
- "Everything I've purchased from Teaching with Fergy is AWESOME!! "
- "So excited to use this instead of my old videos and boring powerpoints!!"
- "The students learned a lot and were very engaged in the lesson. Thank you."
- We did "Physical and Chemical Changes" in class yesterday! My students loved it!"
- "I can't wait to share these with my students! They love this QR thing! :-)"
- I used this half way through my unit so that the students can go through it to help consolidate some important concepts!
- "Fantastic! I love this scavenger hunt, I am changing my schedule for tomorrow's astronomy class and we are definitely doing the scavenger hunt."
- "Really awesome resource."
Here's how you implement them:
• Print the QR codes and place them around the room
• Place your students into groups
• Let them loose! They move from Location to Location as they complete their tasks. Each Task is assigned by scanning the QR code and there are 5 Tasks per Scavenger Hunt Activity.
• Have them submit their answers directly to your email via a form on my website.
• Lets your students utilize their devices
• Cuts down on wasted paper
• Combines learning with assessment
• Is a lot of fun
• Comes in both Word and PDF formats
Each Hunt is different and offers a unique way for your students to explore the topic. From Hunt-to-Hunt, possible tasks your students will face include:
• Video analysis
• Fully automated and marked Quiz
• Finish the story
• Start the story
• News article
• Word Scramble
• Short answer
• Web research
There are other Hunts as well and I'm continually adding more. Currently, the Hunts I have available include:
• Average Speed, Velocity, and Displacement
• Mass, Volume, Density, and Buoyancy
- Sound, Sound Energy, and the Speed of Sound
- Newton's Three Laws of Motion
- Kinetic and Gravitation Potential Energy
- Light and the EM Spectrum
- One and Two-Dimensional Motion
• Biochemistry - Macromolecules
• Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
• Genetic Material - DNA and RNA
• Classification of Living Things
- Cell Membrane and Transport
- The Nervous System
- Excretory system
- Endocrine system
Space and Earth Science:
• The Moon
• The International Space Station - Meeting Our Needs
- Asteroids, Comets, and Meteors
• Atoms: Atomic Theory and Structure
• Physical and Chemical Changes
• Elements and the Periodic Table
• Types of Chemical Reactions and Balancing
• Solutions and Mechanical Mixtures
- The Mole
- Molecular and Ionic Compounds
• Fossil Fuel and Nuclear Energy Production
• Renewable Electricity Production
• Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
• Cycling of Matter in Ecosystems
• Ecosystems and Ecological Succession
• Interactions within Ecosystems
Also, please visit my website Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.