Acceleration in One and Two Dimensions - Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a unit on Motion and Forces. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown of how I teach this unit in my own classroom. Each lesson comes in Office and Google formats and includes the presentation (Price $51.96Original Price $102.26Save $50.30
- This Physics 2 Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics 2 (grade 12 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-day walkthrough that I use to teach my claPrice $192.97Original Price $383.98Save $191.01
- This Physics 1 and 2 Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics to my high school students (grade 11 and 12 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-dayPrice $387.00Original Price $767.05Save $380.05
Acceleration in One and Two Dimensions - SENIOR PHYSICS - This two-day physics lesson package discusses acceleration in both one and two dimensions. It also provides a detailed overview with example questions for position-time, velocity-time, and acceleration-time graphs. It is geared towards students who are in high school senior physics.
This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Acceleration in 1 dimension
- Graphing Motion With Constant Acceleration
- Position-time, velocity-time and acceleration-time
- Constant Acceleration Equations
- Acceleration in 2 dimensions
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- One embedded video
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson is part of my Motion and Force Senior Physics Unit which includes the following lessons plus many activities, assessments, etc.
- Speed and Velocity in One and Two Dimensions
- Acceleration in One and Two Dimensions
- Acceleration due to Gravity
- Projectile Motion
- Frames of Reference
- Forces and Free-Body Diagrams
- Newton's Laws of Motion
- Exploring Frictional Forces
- Ramps, Pulleys, and Forces
- Circular Motion
- Universal Gravitation
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.