This is Class 1 of my Accounting Principles Course, Part I (see whole course preview). Accounting Principles Class (The Basics) includes 10 Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe files. Specifically, this class contains all material needed to facilitate a class on basic accounting concepts, including slides with detailed instructor notes, class activities, instructor guides, templates, quiz, etc. Includes several tools I have for sale separately on TpT, such as the 1-Page Guide and 3-Step Accounting Process Tool! Specific class learning objectives include:
• Analyze the purpose of accounting
• Identify the four basic financial statements
• Analyze transactions using debit and credit rules
• Journalize basic transactions
• Post transactions from journals to ledgers and build a trial balance
All the concepts needed to help students prepare for follow-on accounting classes dealing with accrual accounting, financial statement details, closing procedures, merchandise accounting and so on.
This class is set to a 4-hour block. However, you can easily change this by dividing up the class material according to your school’s schedule.