This learning tool will get your Accounting or Finance students up out of their seats collaborating on a race to complete the scavenger hunt. This file includes 15 QR Codes that when scanned link to a plain text clue. When students scan the QR code they will be given a clue about a career in accounting or finance. They will then identify the correct answer (found on another clue). This file also includes a table for students to research each career in more depth.
This activity is a great way to interact with various financial careers and get students thinking and collaborating. Students can work individually or in small groups based on your discretion. At the conclusion of the QR code scavenger hunt, review the correct answers (provided) with your students. I like to print the QR codes on colored paper and laminate. This way they are ready to go and can be used again each semester.
Careers covered in the activities: tax accountant, credit analyst, financial advisor, branch manager, actuary, financial analyst, investment banker, external auditor, bookkeeper, appraiser, cost accountant, payroll accountant, internal auditor, CFO, and teller
Included in the PDF:
-Activity Instructions (also see below)
-QR Code Scavenger Hunt Clue and Answer List
-QR Code Scavenger Hunt Student Answer Reporting Sheet
-QR Code Scavenger Hunt Teacher Answer Reporting Key
-15 QR Codes with Clues and Answers for QR Code Scavenger Hunt
-3 Reflection Questions on the QR Code Scavenger Hunt with Possible Answers
-Table with the 15 careers and columns for wages, education/certifications, and daily duties
***Please note research activity does NOT include answer key. QR code Scavenger Hunt does include answer key.
1)Print 1 class set of the following slides and an answer recording sheet for each student.
2) Cut each slide in half so there is one QR code per sheet of paper. Laminate for re-use.
3) Mix up the cards so that they are NOT in the same order you printed them. Hang the QR codes around the classroom, a hallway, or the school. Allow more time for a larger area.
4)Decide if you would like students to complete the activity individually, with a partner, or a small group. Assign partner(s) if desired.
5) Ensure students have access to a QR code reader on a device. There are several free apps that make this easy or they can use the camera of a phone, tablet, or laptop.
6) Instruct students that they can start at any QR code. They will scan the code to read the clue. They will then look around the room, hallway, or school to find the answer to the clue on another card. Be sure to tell students that the answer on the card should match the previous clue and it is not the answer to the clue on the same card. Students will move around the room, hallway, or school, recording each answer on the recording sheet.
7) Students should record the correct answer for each clue on the handout provided. The first group to record all answers correctly is the winner.
8) Close with a discussion about correct answers.
Thanks for checking out this product, you may also like: