Also included in
- Save big when you purchase curricula and games for select Greek myths and stories (lessons, match games, bingo, tic-tac-toe, and more) as a bundle! For any grade:Quick & Easy Review of Greek Gods, Heroes, Mythical Creatures, and More (Match Games)Greek Gods - The 12 OlympiansGreek Myth - Perse$32.00$51.99Save $19.99
Sequencing Practice! Context Clues! A REBUS! A secondary SHORT STORY! Guided reading! Students will read about Achilles who is found in Greek myths and stories. Choose from three differentiated TESTS, four writing sheets, and four activities!
This CLUES-in-CONTEXT rebus tells how Achilles became almost invincible. But students can’t complete reading the rebus until they place eight words found below word pictures into the rebus correctly. This exercise can be done on paper or in a web-based classroom!
Here is what is included in this download:
- Informational text rebus (fill-in-the blank and the full rebus)
- Discussion questions
- Four writing exercises (reflection, response, comparison, and research)
- A secondary short story
- Crossword puzzle
- Word search
- Fact and coloring sheet about ancient Greek helmets
- A time line of Achilles’s life
- Twelve task cards
- Match Game
- Three differentiated quizzes
In a traditional classroom: Students can complete each activity and turn it in.
On an iPad or in a web-based classroom: Using the Easel platform by Teachers Pay Teachers, which is free to all teachers, this download becomes an online activity for a literature or social studies lesson. Send students the pages that you want them to complete using the Easel platform. To work on the rebus, students can move the words below each word picture to the appropriate gray rectangle and then send you the assignment. They can complete the crossword puzzle, mark the quiz, and respond to one or all of the writing exercises. Then all they have to do is submit it. It’s that simple.
In addition to helping students place a mixture of words in the context of a story and in the right sequence, this reading passage teaches about the Greek myth from which we get the idiom “Achilles heel.”
Not sure if you want this rebus product? Then take a look at a rebus in the free download to see how a rebus might work in your classroom.
Achilles Heel - A Greek Myth - a Clues-in-Context Rebus is ©2021 Simple Literature. Parents and teachers may reproduce the activities in this Simple Literature product for personal use in public, private, or home-school classrooms or for their families. No part of this manuscript and curricula may be included in printed, web, digital, or any form of print, web, digital, cloud, or electronic curricula, or distributed, personally, electronically, via the cloud, or commercially without the express written permission of Simple Literature. All rights reserved. First printing, 2021