**Please don't forget to rate my free document! I would love to hear your feedback!**
This lab is meant as a supplemental activity for middle school physical science students learning about acids, bases, pH and neutralization. It is great for homeschooled students, as all of the chemicals used in the experiment are common household chemicals. It requires basic knowledge of lab equipment, lab safety, and measurement techniques.
This package includes:
1. A concept review of acids, bases, neutralization, pH and the pH scale.
2. A pre-lab practice worksheet that allows students to apply their knowledge to problems similar to those that they will encounter during the experiment.
3. A materials list and a step-by-step procedure.
4. A data sheet to record observations.
5. A "Results and Discussion" worksheet with both reflective and critical thinking questions about the lab.
6. "Standards Alignment" pages that highlight the NGSS and ITEEA standards that apply to the lab.
7. A sample answer key and a sample grading rubric. NOTE: The answer key was created using an older version of the lab but the questions and answers are all accurate. The grading rubric assumes that students were not required to write a lab report as part of this activity.
8. A font agreement from Kevin Richey, creator of the "mostly mono" font used throughout the documents.
Enjoy my neutralization lab and please keep my store in mind for other hands-on STEM experiments!