Use this 33-slide Power point to introduce or review acids, bases, and the pH scale. The Ppt includes 9 T/F question-slides for review purposes, and file includes a student worksheet aligned with the power point for students to focus their learning.
Also included is a comparison chart (Venn diagram) for students to complete that will help them organize the information about properties of acids and bases.
If your students need vocabulary review, a vocabulary list is included for students to research the meaning of related terms such as Arrhenius acids and bases, Bronsted-Lowry acids and bases, binary acids, and more.
Topics covered in the Power point are:
- properties of acids and bases
- examples of acids and bases
- hydronium and hydroxide ions
- measuring the strength of acids and bases
- pH indicators and pH paper
- pH scale
- 9 slides of True/False review questions for students to answer orally or on accompanying handout.
This product contains:
- 33-slide Power point, see above for topic covered
- 2-page background notes for teacher and/or absent students
- 2-page notes handout aligned to slide show for students to complete
- 1-page comparison chart (Venn diagram)
- 1-page vocabulary list of related terms for students to complete
- answer keys for all documents
- teacher notes and suggestions for use
Have students fill in the notes handout during the presentation, or afterwards. Quiz them from the slide show using the 9 slides of questions. There is space on the handout for students to answer before you reveal the answer on screen. Use the student note pages for those who were absent or for anyone who needs extra notes. The comparison chart can be a quiz, a reinforcement activity, homework, or Exit Ticket.
You may me interested in this related product:
Acids and Bases Lab: Grocery Store Science Volume 2