Acids and Bases - Properties of Matter - Chemical Reactions
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This science bundle covers the Middle School Science DCI Matter and Its Interactions. Students will learn all the particles and molecules that form matter and how heat energy and chemical reactions affect matter. This resource has amazing labs that students will love! Save 20% by purchasing these itPrice $38.80Original Price $48.50Save $9.70
- Do you want to save time in planning for middle school science? This Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses all the NGSS standards for Middle School Science! Save 30% by purchasing this bundle! Get back to the fun of teachinPrice $296.31Original Price $418.80Save $122.49
- This is a bundle of resources on Physical Science for Middle School. Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet ALL the NGSS standards for Physical Science for Middle School. Students will be engaged in learning about all the physical science topics for middle school. StPrice $105.60Original Price $131.50Save $25.90
Students will learn about acids and bases, identify the pH of solutions, and learn about how we interact with acids and bases every day. What happens when you combine an acid and a base in a chemical reaction? Students will learn that ions are what determine whether a substance is an acid or a base. Students will also learn about the neutralization reaction and learn what happens when an acid and base are combined.
This Acids and Bases Unit Includes:
- Suggested Schedule
- Two-page informational text passage on acids and bases
- Strategic notetaking guide
- pH strip indicator Lab
- Cabbage water Lab
- Lesson Plans/Lab Directions
- Notes for Teachers
- Lab Pages
- Thinking About the Lab Page
- Acids in the Human Body Page
- Constructing Explanation Page
- Answer Keys
Teachers Love This Unit!❤️❤️❤️
Sarah ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely satisfied
This is such a fun lab and I loved the reading passages that provided scientific explanations for what they are seeing. Great overall unit and easy to use.
Students will love these colorful labs! The format allows you to choose the liquids to test that you have available.
Suggested Liquids to Test:
- White vinegar
- Bottled water
- Laundry detergent or dish soap
- Lemon juice
- Alkaline water
- Hand sanitizer
Connections to everyday life are included. How does acid rain affect stone buildings and ponds? Why does putting baking soda on a bee sting relieve pain?
Save money and purchase in my bundle,
My resources are not editable for copyright reasons. This resource is Ppt and pdf format.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
You will love these other resources!