The purpose of this game board activity is to engage your students as they work as a team with acronyms (text or real-life). Through the use of a technology device, students will be asked to relate a common acronym/initialism to a topic and come up with a fun fact. If another team chooses their acronym meaning, they move up a level on the game board.
This may sound like a crazy idea but our students love the activity. They enjoy talking about text acronyms and being able to come up meanings based on the topics.
Included in this product is:
- Teacher Tips (3-pages)
- Text Acronym Game Board (1-page)
- Text Acronym Game Board With Levels (1-page)
- Dice Roll 1: Animal (1-page; 16 cards)
- Dice Roll 2: Person (1-page; 16 cards)
- Dice Roll 3: Food (1-page; 16 cards)
- Dice Roll 4: Astronomy (1-page; 16 cards)
- Dice Roll 5: School (1-page; 16 cards)
- Dice Roll 6: Whatever (1-page; 16 cards)
- Team Response Cards (1-page; 9 cards)
- Text Acronyms (3-pages; 48 cards)
- Life Acronyms (2-pages; 32 cards)
- Acronym Warm-Up Activity (1-page)
- Acronym Warm-Up Activity Rubric (1-page)
- Acronym Poster (1-page)
- Roll Die Poster (1-page)
- Identification Cards (1-page; 8 cards)
Please download our preview for some more details!