Looking for a fun way to top off your literature unit? ThemeQuotes Trivia Games are just what you need!
What is a ThemeQuote?
A ThemeQuote is a thought-provoking, value-promoting quotation that relates to a theme of a work of literature. ThemeQuotes are authored by great minds such as Gandhi, Anne Frank, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Amy Tan, Nietzsche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games link famous quotations to the themes of the literature you teach!
Designed specifically for classroom use, ThemeQuotes Trivia Games combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune™ with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit™.
Students might be asked to:
* answer questions about the author
* answer multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions based on the book
* answer questions that are related to the content of the book
* locate grammatical errors in dialogue
* translate idioms or dialectical phrases
* define, spell, or pronounce challenging words
* complete examples of figurative language
* unscramble anagrams or word merges
* and so much more!
Students have fun while being exposed to great thinkers!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students’ understanding of theme
* challenge students’ reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
* are just plain fun!
FYI: Some of the questions go beyond the book, but that's the fun of the game. Such questions, which are usually presented in multiple-choice format, require students to rely on their past experiences and their critical thinking skills to select the correct answer of the three choice provided. It's a fun way to learn something new! Check out the preview for examples!
The Across Five April edition includes:
* rules of play
* 252 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
Many different editions at all levels--just search for your favorite title!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE FOR THIS TITLE!
More fun and unique products over ACROSS FIVE APRILS—see all 16 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ACROSS FIVE APRILS edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 252 questions!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Across Five Aprils edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Across Five Aprils synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the Across Five Aprils 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Figurative Language Crossword—Fun Learning! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 2 Civil War Trivia Crosswords—Great Competition! Clues focus on events, names, and places associated with the Civil War! Students won’t know all the answers, but as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 5 Novel-Based Word Searches 5 categories: The South; The North; Newton; Battles of the Civil War; Life at the Creightons’
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 8 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! War; Some States in the Story; Minor Characters; Rivers; The Illinois Countryside; Good Eats at the Creightons’!; Famous Figures; Creatures. Who doesn’t love a code?
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 4 Fractured Maxim Puzzles--Fun! Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of ACROSS FIVE APRILS. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Trial and Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 8 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Categories: Putting the Blame Where It Belongs; Pool Ol’ Abe; History in the Making; An Evening to Remember; Jeth’s “Childish Fury”; Like Mother-in-Law, Like Daughter-in-Law; Good Job, Jeth!;
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Translating Dialect Crossword—Interesting! Students provide “translations” of dialect used in the story.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Famous Figures of the Civil War Era Crossword Students supply names of famous military figures, politicians, etc.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!
25 double-sided; 13 single-sided