The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Also, the bookmarks come in both a color and black-and-white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my ACROSS FIVE APRILS synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my ACROSS FIVE APRILS Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
Use all three products to reinforce meaning!
Middle school editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
* Anne Frank Remembered
* As I Lay Dying
* The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
* The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
* Ender’s Game
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Glory Field
* Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!
* The Hunger Games
* Johnny Tremain
* Kira, Kira
* The Light in the Forest
* The Lightning Thief
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* My Side of the Mountain
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders—FREE!
* The Pearl
* The Pigman
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Summer of the Swans
* The Slave Dancer
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Touching Spirit Bear
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
* Walk Two Moons
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
More fun and unique products over ACROSS FIVE APRILS—see all 16 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ACROSS FIVE APRILS edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 252 questions!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Across Five Aprils edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Across Five Aprils synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the Across Five Aprils 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Figurative Language Crossword—Fun Learning! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 2 Civil War Trivia Crosswords—Great Competition! Clues focus on events, names, and places associated with the Civil War! Students won’t know all the answers, but as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 5 Novel-Based Word Searches 5 categories: The South; The North; Newton; Battles of the Civil War; Life at the Creightons’
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 8 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! War; Some States in the Story; Minor Characters; Rivers; The Illinois Countryside; Good Eats at the Creightons’!; Famous Figures; Creatures. Who doesn’t love a code?
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 4 Fractured Maxim Puzzles--Fun! Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of ACROSS FIVE APRILS. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Trial and Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 8 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Categories: Putting the Blame Where It Belongs; Pool Ol’ Abe; History in the Making; An Evening to Remember; Jeth’s “Childish Fury”; Like Mother-in-Law, Like Daughter-in-Law; Good Job, Jeth!;
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Translating Dialect Crossword—Interesting! Students provide “translations” of dialect used in the story.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: Famous Figures of the Civil War Era Crossword Students supply names of famous military figures, politicians, etc.
• ACROSS FIVE APRILS: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!