Great action verb resource for literacy centers and verb practice! Matching cards can be used as a great verb activity during center time during the winter season!
This pack includes 7 student worksheets, 2 posters (1 black and white and 1 color), and two sets of sort cards (1 black and white and 1 color) which include 15 pairs in each set!
1) Action Verbs Cut and Paste - Read the action verb and paste it next to the picture that shows that verb
2) Action Verb Observation - Students look around the room and write and draw the action verbs they see other kids doing
3) I can write action verbs - Student use the action verbs in the word bank and create sentences using them. This is 2 pages and can be used as a front and back.
4) Is it an action verb? - Students cut and paste the action verbs and NOT action verbs in the correct column.
5) Fill in the action verb - Students will read each sentence and write in an action verb that makes sense in the sentence.
6) I can find the action verbs - Students will circle each action verb in the sentence.
The sort cards are a great partner activity or literacy center activity. They can be laminated and cut into groups.
action verb activities, winter action verb worksheets, ing endings worksheets