Teach the different actions of subtraction (take away, comparing, missing part) with this pack of hands on, problem solving activities! Students will be able to identify the type of subtraction problem and the strategy to solve it.
*See preview for visuals!*
- Word Problem Sort - Review addition and subtraction by sorting flower petals by add/sub to create a flower!
- Subtraction Garden & Lily Pad Maze - Review sub/add facts with three fun printables!
-Posters to teach and help students visualize the three actions of subtraction (color and printer friendly b/w!)
-Three types of spring themed math mats and manipulatives to distinguish and solve the different actions (ten frames, part-part-whole, and comparison) - also in color & b/w!
- 8 word problems for each type of action to solve with math mats OR to sort! (24 spring themed word problems in all)
- Independent practice pages for students to apply strategies to solve each type of word problem
- Butterfly Subtraction Puzzles- Students match the word problem, number sentence, visual representation and action. Recording page & answer key included!
Looking for more end of year math fun?
Summertime Word Problem Activities
Place Value Crab Walk
Buying this product gives you ONE
license (only one person can use). If you're buying for you and your team, simply add additional licenses when you check out for 50% off a piece! Thank you!
Click here to follow my TpT store and catch all new products at 50% off for the first 24-48 hours!
Let's connect! Follow me on social media for deals, new products and freebies!
Do Good for First Instagram
Do Good for First Facebook