(This flipchart can be used with Smartboard software or any interactive whiteboard as well when you download ActivInspire--it’s free. See below for directions.)
This animated, interactive flipchart introduces, provides practice for, and assesses ordering numbers to the hundred thousands. It is highly engaging with many opportunities for student interaction. There are very detailed page notes, and it is important to read them or you might miss some of the hidden magic tricks! (The page notes are on your Resource Browser—they look like yellow sticky notes). Included:
• Warm up activity to introduce how/why to put things in order;
• Manipulatives to model numbers to help visualize numbers from least to greatest or greatest to least;
• Practice using place value charts to order numbers;
• Links to websites and printables to extend the lesson;
• A printable for students to follow along with the lesson and give you instant assessment.
To use with Smartboards or other interactive whiteboard:
1.) Go to this link: http://support.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=nav.19251&changeCountry=United+States
2.) Click the Download tab. Register with Promethean Planet (it doesn't take long, and you'll have access to tens of thousands of resources!)
3.) Download ActivInspire.
If you have any trouble with this, please let me know in the Ask a Question section and I will get back to you right away!