Task, teachers guide and self assessment sheet for students based around adding and subtracting Integers.
* See preview *
Aspects of Outcome Assessed
I can use my understanding of numbers less than zero to solve simple problems.
Steps to running activity:
• Explain that you have created a guide for someone who does not know how to do sums involving negative numbers but it has graffiti drawn on it.
• The pupil should identify what the instructions should read ( not necessarily word for word) to create a completed guide including example questions.
• The pupil should solve given examples and create 4 more examples for each part of the guide
• The examples should support the instructions.
• The pupil should turn their working into a poster designed to help somebody else solve problems involving negative numbers.