Get your students actively engaged in the learning process with these exercises - all you need is some paper, sticky notes, markers and/or colored pencils. Then, you can choose from one of over THIRTY activities that will get your students thinking critically as they collaborate with their classmates. Just download, choose an activity, and get your students excited about learning (can be used with any text).
In this file, you will find step-by-step instructions for you and your students. Student instructions are editable in case you need to tweak; you will also have access to any printables that are necessary for the activity.
UPDATE January 2020: Two new activities for literary analysis have been added.
In the file you will find activities for:
- Pre-Reading Strategies
- Teaching Close Reading & Note-taking
- Recognizing Key Facts and Writing Assertions
- Sticky Reading Tasks
- Finding Textual Evidence
- Understanding How Authors Use Characters and Develop Themes
- Passage Analysis
- Discovering Author Purpose
- Several Analysis Activities
- Independent Reading Activities
- Non-Fiction: Developing Ideas
- Building Word Muscle
- Descriptive Writing
- Color Coding to Learn Writing Skills
- Collaborative Poetry
- Writing Strong Assertions
Other teachers are saying:
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ There are so many ways to incorporate these activities - and enliven your teaching! So many different ways to engage students and get them thinking beyond the basics! Love it!
⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is an amazing resource with so many useful activities that are very popular in my class. Thank you!
NOTE: I have written about several of these activities on my blog and Instagram; however, this format gives you the step-by-step instructions that will allow you to use them right away in your classroom.
You Might Also Like:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Copyright © ROOM 213
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.