♣-->>You may also be interested in Warming Up to Language Arts
This stunning PowerPoint presentation contains 45 warm up activities for language arts students, grades 5-9. Although students may view this on laptops or tablets, this presentation is intended to be displayed via digital projector or SmartBoard.
There are 9, 5-minute activities for each of the following 5 word/vocabulary skills:
• Avoiding Cliches
• Distinguishing Confusing Words, Part 1
• Distinguishing Confusing Words, Part 2
• Synonyms and Antonyms
• Solving Analogies
In addition, Get Set…Go!, Volume 1 comes with…
• a 3-minute, animated, skill overview for each of the 5 sections;
• a clickable table of contents;
• a scrollable linked index;
• and a teacher’s checklist slide for tracking problems presented.
The teacher may elect to…
• display each problem just prior to students’ arrival for class.
• click the looping animation for each problem to engage student interest.
• allow 4-5 minutes for students to process and produce written responses.
• show the unique hint for each problem.
• display the solution slide for feedback and discussion.
Like the other 3 volumes in this series, Get Set…Go!, Volume 1, is compatible with all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.